Services in Southern WI. & Northern ILL.-Rock, Green, Dane and Winnebago Counties and surrounding areas
I have over 18 years of experience and developing my skills of professional, comprehensive, evidenced based education and intuitive, nurturing care. I've educated and/or provided care to over 260 families before, during, and/or after their births since 2001.
I have attended home & hospital births for both singles and couples of all ages and walks of life. I have experience in helping clients with natural births, medicated births, VBAC, Cesarean birth, difficult labors, multiples, teens, sibling preparation, difficult family life, unexpected situations, miscarriages, infant death, congenital diseases, perinatal/postpartum fitness and health, postpartum depression, breastfeeding difficulties, postpartum difficulties and long term counsel and reassurance as your baby moves through milestones the first year and beyond.
I also educate on woman's health and cycles and help prepare our young daughters for their milestones of womanhood.
Pregnancy, Birth and the Forgotten 4th Trimesters Series-
Birth is not just a physical event impacting one day of your life. It is an all encompassing physical, emotional, and spiritual event holding every emotion and strength the lies within you affecting you forever!
These classes are the perfect mix of at home/online study and classroom, group, hands on activities, thereby meeting 21st century parents where they're at and helping them to birth and parent with confidence!
These classes are ideal for 1st time parents, refreshers, VBACs and childbirth professionals seeking further education. Father participation is encouraged and single moms should bring a support person if possible.
My Holistic Classes are based on the philosophy that birth is normal and natural and in most cases needs little if any intervention. However, it does deserve lots of attention and planning for a safe and satisfying experience, no matter where or how you plan on delivering.
Fathers, although often apprehensive at first about the time commitment feel empowered and thankful for the information and confidence they have gained to be able to be active participants at their child's birth as well.
In this course you will learn how to stay optimally healthy and low risk thereby helping to insure you have MORE OPTIONS for your birth.
* Pregnancy Nutrition following the Brewer Pregnancy Diet and the Weston A Price Philosophy
* Exercises and Comfort Techniques for Optimal Fetal Positioning and Maternal Comfort using "Spinning Babies", "Rebozo" and other Techniques
* Anatomy of our wonderful body, Labor Stages, Emotions, Physiology and Hormones
* Evaluating Coping and Relaxation Styles and Techniques
* Good Labor Support and your Birth Team
* Effective Communication Skills with your partner and birth team
* Birth Plans and Goals
* Medical Interventions, Unexpected Situations and Back up Plans, Cesarean Surgery
* Caring for your Infant by understanding their Biological Needs and Milestones
* Caring for the Postpartum Mom by understanding their Biological Needs and Milestones
* Breastfeeding: Common Problems and Solutions, and outline the 7 Natural Laws of Successful Breastfeeding from the book "Breastfeeding Made Simple"
* Developing your Parenting Styles, Baby Wearing, Nighttime parenting, Circumcision, Vaccination and more...tailored to your needs!
REMEMBER, IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR OPTIONS, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY!!!
When to enroll in classes?
You should contact me early on in your pregnancy to find out the upcoming schedule and get put on the contact list for upcoming classes. You should enroll when you are 15-30 weeks. Ideally, you should have at least 3-4 weeks before your baby is born when the series ends. If you take the series early in your pregnancy you can take refreshers for free until birth if you desire and if available. If you find that you will be close to your due date, please know that I can still meet your needs. I will try and work with you outside of class time as well to update you on all the information.
Your Valued Investment Options-
Four Trimesters Package includes the full Childbirth and Parenting Series plus Birth and Postpartum Doula and Belly Binding Services- $1,500 This complete package is meant to give you the very best start from Pregnancy through Postpartum!
$150 discount for active military, single moms or those on state assistance.
Cash, check or Paypal excepted.
Payment: $500.00 on-call fee due when hired (non-refundable)
$700 birth & postpartum fee due at 36 weeks
$300 due on the first night of class
$25.00 an hour for additional labor support past 18 hours of onsite care, due within 1 month after birth $20.00 $20 an hour for additional prenatal & postpartum visits with a 2 hour minimum Additional prenatal visits due at the time of visit
· Approx. 21 hours, 7 week Childbirth & Parenting series with handouts and resources
· 8 hours Prenatal Meetings (4 separate) with Birth Plan Counseling and Postpartum Planning (Additional prenatal support is by the hour)
· 18 hours of Labor Support (Additional labor support is by the hour, this allows me to keep my upfront costs lower for you, potentially saving you money)
· Up to 2 hours post delivery support after your birth
· 14 hours postpartum care- Minimum of 2 hours per visit, maximum of 4 hours per visit (Additional postpartum support is by the hour)
* Belly Binding Package (This alone is valued at $125)
· Anytime Phone Support & Lending Library
· On Call Time from 38 - 42 weeks on with Back-up
Childbirth and Parenting Series - (3 or more couples) $350.00 each couple. $50 discount for Doula clients, active military, single moms, or those on state assistance. Refreshers are FREE for repeat clients
Includes: 7 week series,Approx. 21 hours classroom activities and teaching, At home/online study/resources, Handouts & Lending Library, Follow up Phone Consults
Payment: $50.00 non-refundable deposit due upon registration
Early bird discount of -$25 when pd in full 1 month prior to class date
Balance due at 1st class and no refunds will be given for missed classes
· Private/Semi Private Childbirth and Parenting Classes - (1-2 couples) $400 each couple. $50 discount for Doula clients, active military, and those on state assistance
Includes: 6 week series, 18 hours classroom activities and teaching, At home/online study/resources, Handouts & Lending Library, Follow up Phone Consults
Payment: $100.00 non-refundable deposit due upon registration
Balance due at 1st class and no refunds will be given for missed classes
· Private Consulting -
$60.00 for a 2 hour meeting
$80.00 for a 3 hour
$100.00 for a 4 hour
Includes: Handouts & Lending Library, Follow up Phone Consults
More questions to consider: Why should I choose your holistic childbirth class?
There are several reasons. First and foremost, to know ALL your options because if you don't know your options, you don't have any! Most women today, especially in our culture are not immersed in normality. Most of us did not grow up in a society where we witnessed our mothers, aunts, friends, sisters, and other women giving birth without fear and without medications. Most of us have never witnessed a mother breastfeeding or know of anyone who has breastfed successfully. We are lead to believe that childbirth is a scary event which culminates in us taking all sorts of medication and a long list of complications and interventions. Many times women do not want to take medication but feel that they will be unable to handle the pain or that because everyone else did, they should too.
My comprehensive curriculum differs greatly from a hospital based program. If you decide to take the hospital class I recommend that you still supplement your education with my series. I cover healthy pregnancy all the way through healthy parenting and postpartum milestones the first year.
Even if your unsure if a "Natural" birth is right for you, you will appreciate all of the knowledge gained through this course. Couples benefit greatly from understanding the normal process of labor and then knowing how to work with and not against labor. When we start with this foundation, we are better equipped to make more informed decisions regarding all of our options, whether it's to avoid unnecessary interventions or sort through complications. The birth statistics in America are unacceptable compared to many other countries and it's time for us to take back birth!